Jun 30, 2010
Jun 28, 2010
Jun 25, 2010
Jun 24, 2010
Jun 22, 2010
Jun 18, 2010
Jun 16, 2010
Kalau Melayu dia seloka, kalau Melayu dia bermadah, kalau Melayu manis bicara, Kalau Melayu manis bahasa.... I think I got all the wording right from a song by Ahli Fiqir, I once suka sebelum jadi mak mak ni.
I teringat these lyrics as I was sitting down with a coffee while watching the breakfast show on7 this morning. They were discussing about Suri Cruise yang ada potensi to be a brat as she is now being treated as a little diva. Then they discussed on manners to teach our kids untuk elakkan dari jadi brat, eventho we shower them with luxury like a little diva.
Memang lah we all want our children to be well-mannered, but we also know how hard it is to convince them to do anything, much less be polite and respectful. I remember my own difficulties dari kecil sampai lah nak jadi bini orang, getting remark where someone said “Modern and educated sangat sampai lupa adap. Mat salleh sangat la tu”. What the f... , indeed....
Could it be that I was too into intellectual & modern stuff, till I lupa adat & adap Melayu? Could it be that the current generation of interlectual have discarded themselves from being bounded to adat & adap? Could it be we watch too much American movies & tv shows, yang buat kita Melayu terikut-ikut akan simple lifestyle where certain stuff aje matters and we don't need to sweat the small stuff yg adat kita suruh?
Tapi after a while menetap di rantau orang, I could feel that its not just Melayu facing this kind of problem. Commonly I find mat salleh pun having problem sama. Biasanya yang buat macam-macam would be the young kids, while pakcik makcik matsalleh ni cukup manis sopan santunnya. Murah senyum, selalu greet me eventho I wanita bertudung and even main-main dengan Miya macam cucu sendiri.
So? Apa sudah jadi until its giving such result toward the younger generation? Could it be poor role models on television or persekitaran anak? What can we do?
After dah membaca from a few articles from many various expert, I share with you the summary:
· Sopan Santun berbicara: Bila kita bercakap or sambil-sambil membebel menyusu or tukar nappy dia, kita cakap lembut-lembut. Never ever forget “please” and “thank you”.
· Sentuhan/Socialize Penuh Love & Care: No biting, No hitting, Loads of XOXO, pat a pet. Experts shows, kalau dari kecik anak dah biasa begini, anak takkan opt to violence when frustrated.
However, ni maybe a bit susah nak apply for kids yang most of the time duduk kat daycare and exposed to many kids with many attitude. Young kids only paham the concept of “an eye for an eye”, so kalau orang buat aku gitu, aku patut bela diri and buat balik kat orang lain. Then all of a sudden it became a common attitude acceptable among toddlers at daycare. Even Miya yang pegi daycare seminggu sekali ni pun ada aje attitude tak best dia pick up cam, jerit-jerit bila mintak benda & hit bila marah. I'm not blaming anyone but dah mmg children live what they learn. Cepat menangkap & applies what works for them. We should remind anak kita “an eye for an eye can make the world go blind”. So what can we do? If we see such No-No attitude going on at home, we must put a stop to it. Make them realize that these kind of No-No does not work. I know its a bit leceh, but believe me, kalau kita dok pahat ukiran cantik kat anak kita, insyaAllah ternampak hasil dia suatu hari nanti.
· Hormat: Practice well-mannered activities in front of your baby, cam hold the door for someone, kata sorry or excuse me bila terlanggar orang, tolong angkat benda jatuh or say thank you after orang tolong kita or bagi barang kat kita.
Lepas tu bebel lak kat anak kata, kita kena buat camtu. Kena tolong orang or hormat orang. Kita kena hormat orang kalau nak orang hormat kita. InsyaAllah anak akan register dalam otak, then learn to make sense of the action & menunggu masa aje untuk apply it to his/her life.
· Sabar: Ni antara benda paling tough untuk tanam dalam diri anak especially dia going through the “terrible two” stage. Tapi nak tak nak we must, kalau tak for the rest of his/her life dia bawak perangai tu. I read it helps by putting one hand on the child’s shoulder while with a serious voice we say “sabar/wait/tunggu/patient”. I also rajin bagi anak makan kurma, as it helps untuk bina kesabaran anak.
One simple thing as basic as life itself, try to practise what your religion ask you to do. Islam, Christian, Buddha, Hindu, Judaism, Taoism, Confucius and many more...semua have the same basic. Do good to other as how you will do good to yourself, Don't harm other as much as you don't want yourself to suffer from other's harm,...and commit actions or support action contributing to WORLD PEACE.
Sapa sokong saya angkat tangan!!
Jun 13, 2010
Jun 11, 2010
Jun 10, 2010
Dr Izzat Atiya of Egypt's al-Azhar University said it offered a way around segregation of the sexes at work.
His fatwa stated the act would make the man symbolically related to the woman and preclude any sexual relations.
The president of al-Azhar denounced the fatwa, which Dr Atiya has since retracted, as defamatory to Islam.
According to Islamic tradition, or Hadith, breast-feeding establishes a degree of maternal relation, even if a woman nurses a child who is not biologically hers.
In his fatwa, Dr Atiya, the head of al-Azhar's Department of Hadith, said such teachings could equally apply to adults.
He said that if a woman fed a male colleague "directly from her breast" at least five times they would establish a family bond and thus be allowed to be alone together at work.
"Breast feeding an adult puts an end to the problem of the private meeting, and does not ban marriage," he ruled.
"A woman at work can take off the veil or reveal her hair in front of someone whom she breastfed."
The legal ruling sparked outrage throughout Egypt and the Arab world.
On Sunday, Dr Atiya retracted it, saying it had been the result of a "bad interpretation of a particular case" during the time of the Prophet Muhammad.
Egypt's minister of religious affairs, Mahmoud Zaqzouq, has called for future fatwas to "be compatible with logic and human nature".
So what do you mommies think?
Jun 9, 2010
Jun 4, 2010
Jun 1, 2010
1) Share load of laughter together.
2) Concentrate on what you have & not on what you don't. Secara tak langsung, you'll be makhluk Allah yang paling bersyukur.
3) Share your happiness as a couple with the children too. Suami Isteri sentiasa how their love and in a way akan create a sense of security for the kids.
4) Be happy with less. Minimalist is the new trend. So when something extra happen, it will be a huge surprise & make everyone in the family smile.
5) Make you home a place of kind words. Leave your stress & vocab kata-kata busyuk kat luar pagar rumah.
6) Believe in each other & try to have yinyang relationship at home. Kalau sorang stress, sorang lg tukang ceriakan. Kalau sorang in a hard time & making a hard choice, believe in them.
7) Offer praise & constructive criticism only.
8) Worry less. Have faith in what Allah have decided for us.
9) Always share a meal. A family that eats together sticks together.
Kalau mommies ada lagi tips berkesan, share la in the comment box.