Jun 9, 2010

Homeschool activity to encourage toddler's speech

From Ken Adams book, I learned that we can accelerate a toddler's speech development by getting the child to create mental images by using the 5 senses; sight, sound, touch, taste & smell.

It has been proven that such activities will strengthen the child's ability to match new experienced with the any old memories.

The wonderful thing about it is that the child's brain will then work harder and grew to be faster in connecting the data gained from each experience.


So contoh activities yang guna almost all of the senses, Main masak-masak:

1) In small portions, letak any spices, salt & pepper in small cups or bowl.
2) Let your child see it & tanya what does it look like. Then we explain the color & shape.
3) Let your child touch it & tanya how does it feel. Then kita pulak explain about the touch.
3) Let your child smell it & tanya if it smell nice or not.
4) Let your child taste it & tanya sedap ke tak. Then explain about the taste and function of the taste.
5) Sama-sama dengan anak try to crush or snap the spice and see her reaction. Then kita explain what is the name of the sound & why does it make such sound bila kita buat gitu.

Ada macam movie "Mistress of Spices" tu tak. Train budak-budak memahami dunia melalui spices.




Have fun. InsyaAllah this will multiple the child's encyclopaedic ability & increase her vocabulary in improving her speech.

2 comments:

Hanz Jamaludin said...

Harus carilah buku Ken Adams ni... :>

Fairus Basir from The Juggling Queen said...

good tips!

maybe i already did, without knowing it. my daughters loved to sit with me in the kitchen and automatically it's a spice lesson time with them.

p.s. by the way, i loved the movie 'mistress of spices' too!

Post a Comment

-

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor nor am I a lawyer. I am not a scientist nor am I an expert. I am just a wife and a mother, who is putting her thoughts and findings in a blog. All of the posting on this website & my blogs were written by me for educational purposes and as my sentimental library, but are not meant to diagnose nor treat any medical disorders. Any other materials that I may have quote from other published materials are for educational purposes only and not for any other manipulative reasons. Anyway, whatever weird stuff that I published are the real stuff that I believe works for me. Tips and tricks that might work for me. You are free to put it in your head if you thinks its valuable, but if you think its rubbish... Please don't mock me. Do please shut your pie hole.
 
HACKED BY YOUR FUCKING LASER
BANGSAT-BANGSAT MALAYSIA, KALIAN MEMANG
GENERASI YANG BERMASALAH PRESTASI NOL
TAPI KESOMBONGAN LUAR BIASA
ULAH SUPORTER KALIAN YANG MAIN LASER
ADALAH CERMIN DARI SIFAT KALIAN YANG MEMALUKAN
BLOG INI DI HACK OLEH LASER HIJAU KALIAN YANG MENGGANGGU PEMAIN INDONESIA
FUCK YOU UP!!! son of a bitch