Mar 4, 2010

More tips on TODDLER TANTRUM!!


Yes mommies we keep on telling ourselves "It's just a phase", but can it really help from us to naik hangin?

These few tips from Dr Karp does make sense, doesn't it? He revealed that toddlers often act like uncivilized littlecavemen,with a primitive way of thinking and communicating that is all their own. I couldn't agree more because like cavemen that we usually see in movies and documentaries, they have huge communication frustation problem..Hahahahha.. But our littlecavemen most of the time just throw tantrum to get our attention and to follow suit of what they want, kan?

Anyway Dr Karp's book The Happiest Baby on the Block offers very practical advice to parents for dealing with the toddler years of 1 to 4 years old. The basic gist of the book is that when a child starts to throw a tantrum the parent should acknowledge what is upsetting by repeating back it back (“the fast food rule”) and to use a simple vocabulary of words called “toddlerese” that toddlers will understand most when they are upset. Don't use long sentence or too much explanation. Cakap to the budak macam kita ni budak jugak and a firm "No" works wonder.

One thing I found useful when Miya throw a tantrum, I look at her and when I can see that she is looking at me (thinking that she might have gotten my attention), I turn and ignore her. Buat bodo aje....Then I realize she will hush, come to me and give me a hug. I think she is trying to say sorry, pujuk me to get her way and at the same time comfort herself. Alhamdulillah, it helps to cut short the tantrum session..Lega...............


3 comments:

Lady Qay said...

owh..zaffran blum smpi tahap itu..dia akan nangis nangis n trus nangis even kalo i ignore...huhu..so hadto try to find out apa dia nak..sumtimes bkn nak apa..just dahaga nak drink aja...but me being the nonsenstive mum somtimes, tak dpt tgkp apa dia nak..huhuhu

adrianathani said...

i love dr.karp's books! very useful and effective tips in his books :D

Anonymous said...

qay--> lain budak lain cara..nnt kena la cari trick yg work kan?

glam.mama--> yup i love the way he deal with kids..bridge the gap easier kan?

Post a Comment

-

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor nor am I a lawyer. I am not a scientist nor am I an expert. I am just a wife and a mother, who is putting her thoughts and findings in a blog. All of the posting on this website & my blogs were written by me for educational purposes and as my sentimental library, but are not meant to diagnose nor treat any medical disorders. Any other materials that I may have quote from other published materials are for educational purposes only and not for any other manipulative reasons. Anyway, whatever weird stuff that I published are the real stuff that I believe works for me. Tips and tricks that might work for me. You are free to put it in your head if you thinks its valuable, but if you think its rubbish... Please don't mock me. Do please shut your pie hole.
 
HACKED BY YOUR FUCKING LASER
BANGSAT-BANGSAT MALAYSIA, KALIAN MEMANG
GENERASI YANG BERMASALAH PRESTASI NOL
TAPI KESOMBONGAN LUAR BIASA
ULAH SUPORTER KALIAN YANG MAIN LASER
ADALAH CERMIN DARI SIFAT KALIAN YANG MEMALUKAN
BLOG INI DI HACK OLEH LASER HIJAU KALIAN YANG MENGGANGGU PEMAIN INDONESIA
FUCK YOU UP!!! son of a bitch