Dec 28, 2008

Children Live what they learn?

So, what is the role of parents in nurturing each child's personality?

  • First, recognize that each child has a unique personality. Getting to know your infant and how she or he approaches the world is the most important parenting obligation.
  • How you parent should match your baby's personality. Parenting techniques should vary from child to child.

  • Create special experiences designed with your baby's personality in mind. For example, if your baby is shy, create "exploration" times to challenge her. If your baby is aggressive, set clear limits for acceptable behavior. If your baby is fearful, help him find coping methods (a favorite toy or a special song) that work for the both of you.

  • Try to be flexible as your child develops. People don't fit easily into any one category - particularly across a lifetime. Your child's personality will continue to develop and that may change your relationship with him or her.

  • A child's primary source of support and guidance - no matter what personality emerges - comes from the adults on whom he or she depends. Strive to be consistent and stable, in addition to flexible.

(the pic is me at 3) When I was 16 or 17, I came across this poem. Written by a wise person, I presume. A wise person that is sensible enough to hear, see, and think with her heart. I have learned a great understanding from this poem. The knowledge for me to ponder… and also as a reminder to myself of what kind of mother should I be in the future.

Children Learn What They Live
By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D.


If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn violence.

If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule,
they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.

If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn
confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, th
ey learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.

If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is
good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.

If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn
respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and i
n those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn
the world is a nice place in which to live.

However, if a person can think better and not follow blindly of what they have learnt, I believe the world will be a different place from what it is already now. Ideologically, there is nothing good or bad. Philosophically, there is nothing that is 100% correct or 100% wrong. However, thinking just makes it so. And so… then again...... is thinking GOOD or BAD?

(this pic is the infant papa-miya)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

-

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor nor am I a lawyer. I am not a scientist nor am I an expert. I am just a wife and a mother, who is putting her thoughts and findings in a blog. All of the posting on this website & my blogs were written by me for educational purposes and as my sentimental library, but are not meant to diagnose nor treat any medical disorders. Any other materials that I may have quote from other published materials are for educational purposes only and not for any other manipulative reasons. Anyway, whatever weird stuff that I published are the real stuff that I believe works for me. Tips and tricks that might work for me. You are free to put it in your head if you thinks its valuable, but if you think its rubbish... Please don't mock me. Do please shut your pie hole.
 
HACKED BY YOUR FUCKING LASER
BANGSAT-BANGSAT MALAYSIA, KALIAN MEMANG
GENERASI YANG BERMASALAH PRESTASI NOL
TAPI KESOMBONGAN LUAR BIASA
ULAH SUPORTER KALIAN YANG MAIN LASER
ADALAH CERMIN DARI SIFAT KALIAN YANG MEMALUKAN
BLOG INI DI HACK OLEH LASER HIJAU KALIAN YANG MENGGANGGU PEMAIN INDONESIA
FUCK YOU UP!!! son of a bitch