Nov 18, 2008

Bloody 6th Month Slump


I baca on breastfeeding international forums, ramai moms face.. "six month slump" ….as if there were something magical going on at that age that will make it impossible for you to ever pump enough milk.
Lemme intro about this curse of the 6th month slump:
“Hormonal changes: For a lot of pumping moms, the stimulation of the pump isn't quite enough to keep you from ovulating and having periods anymore. These hormonal changes sometimes cause a little supply dip right before your period.”

HUH? WTF! WTH!! Ovulating..itu bukan benda baru for me..I’ve been ovulation each month ever since I gave birth. Tapi bulan ni special..i got 2 period!! Menses dating 2 kali..last week..then stop a few days and now sambung lg..

Yes my susu drop…on the 12th & 13th Nov, my milk was aa ok..even I can say that the kilang is in good production..each pumping session I can get 6oz.

But things go bad on 14th Nov 08....miya had her 1st taste of formula milk. I felt a little crushed, but then I pujuk diri.. “its ok, miya dah mula makan..anggap la formula milk ni sama cam bg miya makan solid..its just complimentary feeding..bigger part of her diet is still mama’s breastmilk.”

What I’m doing to solve this…I took double dose of fenugreek, calcium tablet & multivitamins on Friday & Saturday, but seems to have no effect..so start on Sunday afternoon, I took Maxolon. And today it can see my milk production is recovering. The other food i take as usual la..high protein, lots of oats...good drinks...

We pray that she doesn’t have to drink anymore of the formula milk and I don’t have to rely on it as if the tin susu is my bestfriend.

*this is the 2nd time I took medication to increase breastmilk. The 1st time I domperidone, when uncle mi passed away. I never tot I have to resort to this method ever again..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mama-miya! Honestly I never took any supplements to increase my milk supply, thinking I don't want to rely on it, and hoping it would help me in case I need it someday. Alhamdulillah so far I have no need for it. EXCEPT, I do drink oatmilk occassionaly (because it's quite expensive and I'm just crazy with the milky taste that I can finish the whole tin in just 1 week!) because I love the taste of it, and because us nursing mothers are not advised to drink caffeinated drinks, and because I got bored with milo/horlick/ovaltine. I'm not really sure if it help increase my supply, but it does make my milk creamier. Maybe you would want to give it a try? I love the white-blue Biogreen Oatmilk. The white-green is the 5-grain version and supposed to be better. Sometimes I like to mix them both.

Don't be too sad because you had to give Miya some formula. We mothers want what is best for our babies. If you can't give her your best breastmilk, then give her the next best thing that you can, which is of course, the formula. It's not a sin and it doesn't make you a bad mother.

When you read about the 6 months slump in workandpump.com, it's true what it said about using the freezer stash. We should actually work our best not to use up our freezer stash. If we start using it up then we should be able to sense an alarm that our supply is dwindling and should start doing something about it.

But you won't have to worry about building your stocks after this kan? All the best to you and your lovely Miya.

Anonymous said...

hi dayangku..i milk supply has always been challenging..this is kinda the worse of them all..

i am an oat person(breakfast oat with hotdrink, lunch oats with chicken shreds or baked potatos mash with mince beef)..coz kinda being supportive to hubby thats trying to flush the colesterol..

i guess ni mmg my dugaan..i successfully BF time dlm hospital..pantang was easy...but bila mula kerja..thats when my dugaan comes.

what doesnt kill me makes me stronger

Post a Comment

-

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor nor am I a lawyer. I am not a scientist nor am I an expert. I am just a wife and a mother, who is putting her thoughts and findings in a blog. All of the posting on this website & my blogs were written by me for educational purposes and as my sentimental library, but are not meant to diagnose nor treat any medical disorders. Any other materials that I may have quote from other published materials are for educational purposes only and not for any other manipulative reasons. Anyway, whatever weird stuff that I published are the real stuff that I believe works for me. Tips and tricks that might work for me. You are free to put it in your head if you thinks its valuable, but if you think its rubbish... Please don't mock me. Do please shut your pie hole.
 
HACKED BY YOUR FUCKING LASER
BANGSAT-BANGSAT MALAYSIA, KALIAN MEMANG
GENERASI YANG BERMASALAH PRESTASI NOL
TAPI KESOMBONGAN LUAR BIASA
ULAH SUPORTER KALIAN YANG MAIN LASER
ADALAH CERMIN DARI SIFAT KALIAN YANG MEMALUKAN
BLOG INI DI HACK OLEH LASER HIJAU KALIAN YANG MENGGANGGU PEMAIN INDONESIA
FUCK YOU UP!!! son of a bitch